Alright this is a good one I just learned this weekend from my mother-in-law, so there for Grandma Pat’s Chili Rellenos
- 4 Medium Sized Pablano Peppers ( you can always make as many as you want)
- Sliced Peperjack Cheese ( of course a variety of cheese is always good so pick what you want)
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 eggs ( more if you make more peppers)
- Coconut Oil ( or any oil for frying)
- Green Salsa Verde (we prefer Hernandez)
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Whatever your other favorite toppings are
- Hungry People
So Here is how you do it
- Fire up The BBQ and Roast those chilies just enough to peel the outer shiny skin off ( you can also use a torch like my Mother in law does).
- Once the skin is off Cut the tops off and de-seed them. and then slice them down one side
- Next, steam those suckers for a few mins (5 should do it) you want them soft but not falling apart.
- After steaming let them sit for a few mins on a paper town so there not water wet just naturally moist
- In a skillet, heat up your frying oil
- Get your eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
- Place your slices of pepper jack Cheese in the peppers ( and whatever else you might want in them).
- Coat your peppers in flour ( doesn’t need to be caked just coated)
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the egg whites till they make a merangish foam till it can keep a peak. A tad bit of Cream of Tartar can help with the peaking
- Beet the egg yolks and GENTLY fold them into the egg white foam.
- Dip your peppers in the egg mixture and place in the frying pan. fry until darker golden brown. (may have to flip them depending on how much oil you use)
- After frying place on a paper towel to soak up extra oil
- Now, get some plate, cover them pepper with some fixings and enjoy (I like to put on the Salsa Verde first).
Let us know what you think!