At the kPlace, Tortilla soup is a favorite, well among the adults anyway.
I love this recipe ( most are the same) I changed it a little bit, But here you go
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion Finally Chopped
- one whole Pablano Pepper cut into about 1/2 to 1/4 in pieces
- 7 cups of chicken broth
- 4 Corn Tortillas (chopped up), or about 3 hand fulls of On the boarded Corn chips
- 2 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Finally Chopped Jalapenos
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 4 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 4. 14.5 ounce cans of fire roasted tomatoes Diced
- 1 tbsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- Tortilla Chip strips ( we like the fresh Gourmet Santa Fe Style)
How to do it
- In an instapot (or large stove top pot) add olive oil, Onions, garlic, Jalapenos, and Pablanos, saute for about 10 min
- In a blender mix the Chicken Broth, Cumin, salt, taco seasoning, 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes and tortillas (or chips) and Puree till just about smooth
- Add Puree mixture to pot
- Add Fire roasted tomatoes and bring to a boil
- Let simmer for 40 min in the instapot or not
Server with Tortilla Strips and Cheese Yummy!
Let us know how you like this recipe! leave a comment below
You will have to register but you can do so with Facebook for ease!