Thursday nights 5-26-2014 dinner consisted of Sesame Seared Ahi Tuna, Baked Salmon, and Roasted Asparagus, Chicken Nuggets and Mash Potatos for the Kids
So this is my attempt at a sesame Seared Ahi Tuna Fillet with roasted Asparagus. I must say it was very delicious. I love this Tuna!
Here is how I made it
Marinate Tuna in what ever you wish for about 6 – 8 hours, I used Soy sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Mustard, Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder and, Onion Powder .
- After Marinating, heat a fry pan to a medium heat
- Add a light coat of Olive oil to hot pan
- Coat both sides with Sesame Seeds.
- Fry on one side for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes ( don’t go over two minutes will over cook)
- Flip and fry on the other side also for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes
- Remove from heat. Slice to your preferred thickness
- Server with side of greens or on a bed of greens
- We also like sprinkle sometimes with a ginger sauce. I will have to see if i can find that recipe!
So for my Wife I made Baked Salmon with roasted Asparagus.
For the Salmon
- Wash and pat dry Fillet
- heat oven to 350
- Lightly Coat with Olive Oil
- Season to your likeness, We usually use salt and pepper with some Steak and Chop seasoning
- you may also want to add some fresh sliced lemon on top of the fillet
- Cook in the oven skin side down ( if de-skinned the flattest side) for 13 Minutes, Server with Greens or on a bed of greens