We made this tho other night, got the recipe from Carlsbad Cravings I really wish this was my recipe
“This hearty, comforting, healthy Italian Vegetable Soup is guaranteed to become a new family favorite packed with ground beef and veggies in an Italian spiced tomato broth that can be on your table in under 30 minutes and makes an ideal make ahead or freezer meal!” ~ Carlsbad Cravings
I recommend Everyone try this soup, easy to make and so delicious.
Oh In the recipe, we used Turkey burger instead of hamburger .
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 medium size carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 5 cups water
- 1 10.5 oz. can low sodium beef broth
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15.5 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 head green cabbage, roughly chopped (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons beef base or beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Carlsbad Cravings says:
Some people have asked if they can substitute the water for beef broth and omit the beef base/bouillon. 1 teaspoon bouillon is typically dissolved in 1 cup of water so you could theoretically omit the bouillon and use 4 additional cups beef broth and 1 cup of water in place of 5 cups of water and 1 1/2 tablespoons beef bouillon.
How they do it
- Brown beef and onions then stir in the carrots, celery, tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, water and beef broth and all of your Italian spices. The seasonings are what really set this vegetable soup apart.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes or if you have time the longer the better.
- Stir in the corn and optional cabbage – and although the cabbage is “optional”- I really think it makes the soup!
- EAT! How easy was that?!!!
All credit for photos and recipe go to Carlsbad Cravings.