These are to die for!!!!! Not to toot my own horn, These have become a staple around our house. The old Kid even makes them at school. My Wife and I first made these in Costa Rica while on vacation, and with… lets say.. Different but similar ingredients. ( Check out the little pic to the right). They had Way more awesome cheese, ham and tortillas.
Ok So here is how you do it:
Go to the Grocery store and buy this stuff:
- Corn Tortillas the ones that are about 4-5 ” in diameter to make tostatas ( Do not buy already made tostatas, its not the same
- vegetable oil for frying
- grab a dozen eggs ( cause you’ll want a couple of these)
- Can of black beans
- Get some shredded cheese or a block and shred it yourself
- Get some ham slices thick sliced
- Salsa, I think the Saidie’s Salsa “not as hot” is about the best salsa I have ever had store bought.
Alright Now Lets cook it
- Get yourself a Fry pan and heat up some oil
- Slice up some avocado and set aside
- Shred some cheese if you bought the block
- Strain and rinse the black beans. put them in a bowl and mash them all together, may have to add some water to make it kind of a paste set aside
- Get another Fry pan and melt some butter in it.
- Fry tortillas in the pan of oil, fry as many as you want till the are a crispy little darker than goldon brow
- Fry your egg in the other pan with the butter. ( cook toyour liking, I like egg gravy)
No put it together
- Grab a tostata and a butter knife, and smear black bean paste all over that thing, like penut butter the thicker the better
- Put on some Salsa and spread that around like jelly
- Add a slice of ham
- Add your fried egg
- Cover with Shredded Cheese
- Top with Avocado, add more salsa if you want!
- Sit Down, Eat and Enjoy….
- Let me know what you think.